Sunday, August 24, 2014

Travelogue: Japan- Kyoto (Arashiyama) (Day 4)

So I have holiday now and I plan to revive my long-dead blog. I have travelled to few more places this year, but let my complete my Japan posts first :D 

Alright, move on to Kyoto from Osaka, we stay in Khaosan Backpacker Hostel in Kyoto. Although the room is slightly small, but it is well equipped and really comfortable. I highly recommend this hostel for all. For the transportation vice, it would be convenient to travel around Kyoto by bus, unless you want to go to the outskirts, such as Arashiyama, then you may opt for train.

Our first destination in Kyoto is Arashiyama. Arashiyama is by far my most favourite tourism spot. It's definitely the most ideal place for a retreat :) The moment when we alight from the train, we are in a whole different world. We can feel the tranquil atmosphere that permeates the small town. Though it's summer, it's still a bliss to stroll along the riverbank while enjoying the breathtaking scenery. 
Have our lunch before more walking!
Soba with saba fish. In Japan, everything is so delicious. Even a random unnoticeable small shop would provide delicious foods with fresh ingredients. They are so so professional when it comes to foods! 
Such a surprise to see this maple tree with red leaves during hot summer!
The most iconic landmark- Togetsukyo Bridge
Bamboo grooves- one of the world heritage sites
Various amulets for sale at the shrine
The bamboo groove path is actually very long and it leads to various shrines. However I did not complete it due to time constraint plus I was bitten by hundreds of mosquitoes because it was summer! So my advice to all who visit the bamboo groove during summer is please wear long pants and bring along your mosquitoes repellent lol.

No comments: