Friday, February 12, 2010

An assignment on FRIENDSHIP. Dedicate to all my friends♥





A Simple Thank-You, My Friend
by warmhrt

Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,
You entered, bringing light and life to me,
The vivid colors, painted with a swirl
Of wit and charm, of personality,
With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,
And images that line the now bright walls.
I look upon them fondly, bringing forth
A thankfulness that you walk in these halls
With me; our friendship has become a part
Of my world now; it has its special place,
Within my being, life, and in my heart,
Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.
Rememb'ring just how drab these walls had been,
I have to thank you for the light, my friend.
___________________________________________________
There are many passerby walk in and out of our lives but how many of them leave footprints in our hearts? People may define "friend" in different ways. For me, they are precious people in my life who share tears and laughter with me; they are people who we are familiar with and do not feel awkward even we sit side by side for the whole day without uttering a single word. Friends bring joy and light up my daily life. Even when I am sad, there are shoulders for me to cry on. Although we might have met some people who we thought are friends at the first place but we knew we were wrong afterward. Still, they taught us precious lessons and left unforgettable memory behind. Sometimes, real friends do not mean to be together everyday but there are spaces for their smiling faces deep in our heart. "A friend in need is a friend indeed", I am glad that when I face obstacles and difficulties, friends give me strength and courage to move forward. Friendship could not be measured either by time or money. As long as we have faith in our friendship, it may last forever. Sincerely, I am grateful to meet all great friends in my life who rejoice at my success or guide me through the dark alley when I lost in a maze. Lastly, to all my friends, thanks for being part of my life. I truly appreciate your toleration on my weakness and negative attitude. Thanks for listening to my whine all the time. :D

No comments: